Here ye, here ye!
So I am going to throw this out there to see if it gets any traction. With all the protests going on across the world and the United States, its time for PPC.bz to get in on the action. If we want change, we gotta vote with our wallets.
For those unfamiliar with LeadImpact, it is a PPV platform similar to MediaTraffic and Trafficvance.
Why Boycott LeadImpact Day?
- 1. Outrageous Click Discrepancies – What LeadImpact bills you for and what they actually deliver is the biggest gripe among many of its advertisers. A 20% click discrepancy is not uncommon, while 10% or so is the norm. Some people are reporting discrepancies as high as 25-30%. This is fraud of the highest order!
- 2. Obscene Minimum Bids – Yes, it’s their platform and they can charge what they want. But Trafficvance, a platform with significantly better traffic quality, only requires a 1 cent minimum bid. LeadImpact’s bare minimum is 1.5 cents, but some categories go as high as 2.3 cents (just a minimum – there doesn’t even need to be competition), and others even higher (maybe, the highest I’ve seen is 2.3)
So yeah, it’s their platform and they can do what they want. But when you combine their click discrepancies with the minimum bids, it’s a pretty amazing feat to get a profitable campaign going there.
- 3. Approval Process – LeadImpact requires some pretty outrageous disclaimers on advertiser’s landing pages that kills conversions. This has never happened to me but its been reported by others.
How Can I Support the Cause
Leave your feedback in the comments, and if you support the cause, along with your daily spend in terms of $xx, $xxx, etc so we can have a rough estimate of how this will effect LeadImpact. You may also call me a tard and stupid turd if you think this boycott is utter nonsense.
What Are Our Demands
1. Fix the issue with click discrepancies because it’s fucking ridiculous.
2. Lower the minimum bid price.
3. If you have other demands leave it in the comments.
Is there a set date?
No. If this idea gets any traction then a date will be set.
But won’t people just run their campaigns while everyone else is pausing
Probably. But those people are scumbags.
Is anyone that’s actually spending big at LeadImpact going to follow through with this?
I don’t know. That’s why this post is here.
Will This Even Work?
Who knows. I don’t know what % of their revenue is made up of affiliates and what % is brand advertisers, nor what % they run internally.
Am I Just Being a Bitch
Absolutely. But if this actually worked, most advertisers should be happy with the results.